Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Ah, the promise of a new year. I always feel so optimistic on January 1st...so many aspirations and to-do lists percolating in my noggin. I enjoy the Christmas season, but I'm also eager to get back to the business of regular life. One of my first fetishes of the new year is organization. I'm fairly organized to begin with, but I totally buy into the post-holiday marketing and start purchasing various lidded containers. The colored lids just make me feel so happy. In fact, I just returned from the happy store (some call it Target) with containers to organize my Christmas ornaments. It's a good thing the actual Container Store is a long way away, or we would be eating lots of beans and rice (while admiring all of our shiny new containers).
The next aspiration? I would like to take more pictures in 2008. Looking back over the last 12 months, there were weeks when I didn't touch the camera. I feel a bit melancholy when I find gaps in the photo album. Even though I lived it, I still feel like I missed out a little bit because the boys change so quickly.
Speaking of boys, the ones that live here are hungry. Imagine that. Happy new year, friends.

2 comments:

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

Happy New Year!

Nan said...

Well, I say you're amazing if you even have your pictures printed out at all!! I am so bad that I haven't had almost any pictures printed since... ummm... you don't want to know when! They are all on my computer (and safely backed up on my hard drive tvm! LOL) :^D

Thanks for the link to my blog!