Friday, January 25, 2008

This Is Not in My Contract

We said goodbye to to the vomiting virus on Thursday.
Then immediately welcomed 2 colds, one for me and one for Andy.
How does one go from vomiting to catching a cold, all in the same week?
As I'm cleaning up messes and wiping noses (including my own), I find myself muttering, "this is so not fair!"
I was attempting to read the sports page this morning before Steve went to work. The Mariners are searching feverishly for a star pitcher to add to their line-up. What if motherhood was like professional athletics? We could negotiate salaries and sick days, vacation time, no-trade clauses...
I don't really want that, because I know that isn't how this deal works. I am well aware that I signed on for the whole package.
Unfortunately, that includes scrubbing the remnants of bodily fluids from all sorts of obscure locations. That was definitely NOT in my contract.

No comments: