Monday, January 7, 2008

Oy, Vay...A Snow Day

Much to my surprise, there was snow in our yard once again. That's 2 mornings in a row, quite a treat for us. Luke gets so excited and Steve delays his departure for work because the roads are always a bit icy in the early morning. However, it never occurred to me to check the school schedule. We had Luke all psyched up to go back to preschool today. It was supposed to be our first day back after the Christmas hiatus. Thankfully, I commandeered the television (normally we are watching Playhouse Disney) and checked out the morning news. God bless the Channel 4 news man, who cheerfully reminded us to watch for school delays and closures.
Sure enough, no morning preschool. At first I thought this would be a blessing, but it wasn't long before the boys were provoking one another and I was heading for another cup of coffee. Ugh. The sun came out by mid-morning and Luke said, "hey, the sun's out to melt the snow, now I can go!" He was so disappointed when I told him there wouldn't be any preschool at all today.
Like any good mother would, I loaded up the boys and the dog into the minivan, tucked my coupons into my wallet and headed for Walgreens. Luke is clearly my son, here he is clutching his new truck and a cold beverage. There's nothing like a little retail therapy to cheer a girl (or boy) up.

1 comment:

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

Cute picture! Love snow days, but we have so much snow here that we only get -40 days ... if it goes below -40 without windchill ... the kids stay home. It rarely happens and when it does it's too stinkin' cold for any retail therapy.

MK