Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Steve and I were able to sleep in until 7am on Christmas morning, I couldn't believe it. That's probably the last time that will happen for many years, so I hope we savored it. Luke didn't quite get that it was Christmas morning until he got to the top of the stairs and saw his gifts. Santa delivered a shake 'n go race car set, per Luke's request. I was hoping to film his reaction with the video camera, but all I got was a blur of boy streaking by me, shouting, "this is so cool!"
Andy could really care less about Christmas, he's still playing with the same toys he did on Monday. Once we extracted Luke from the race car set, we loaded everybody up and went to Spanaway for Christmas, part II. Christmas day photographs are a bit of a challenge for me, but here's a decent one without anyone's backside facing the camera. Grandma and Papa gave Andy a wooden tool box/workbench but I think he was most captivated by the bright shiny bow.

I hate to toot my own horn here, but it's my blog, so here we go. I made my parents a scrapbook of some of the fun events we've all enjoyed since they retired here in Washington. Lets just say it was a big hit.

I can't remember the last time we celebrated Christmas with Grammie Edna. I know she isn't always thrilled to be here, but we are glad to have her. I think she had a good time and handled the chaos pretty well. We gave her the annual calendar with the grandchildren and great-grandchildren featured on every page.

Steve was pretty stoked to receive some kind of fancy remote control flying contraption from my parents. Hopefully the weather will improve and he can take it outside soon.























1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Dear Heidi,

It’s always fun to meet a new blogging gal—as well as a Whitworth grad. I’m glad you stopped by to comment.

Merry Christmas! And way to go on the scrapbook;! I wish I could do it, but it's the one craft I just cannot get the hang of!

Joanne