Friday, January 4, 2008

"S" as in "Super!"

So my next task of mommyhood is to teach Luke his letters. The mommy mafia tells me that Leap Frog's Letter Factory is the way to go. So I trotted off to Target and made said DVD my own. The mommies weren't kidding. It's fantastic! If you don't know the Leap Frog mantra, it goes something like, "A says, "ah", A says, "ah", every letter makes a sound, A says, "ah!" Repeat ad nauseum until it is ingrained in their little brains and your child has learned all 26 letters. We have watched it at least 10 times and I think we've only owned it since Tuesday. Now, please don't pass any judgement, bloggy friends, about the high rate of DVD watching this implies. This is western Washington, people. Only the dog and the daddy are going outside right now and only because they have to. It is nasty. Rain. Blowing sideways. All day long.
My little fellas remain snug as bugs in rugs, learning their letters. Race to your nearest big box store and purchase the Letter Factory. It is SUPER!

3 comments:

Marybeth Whalen said...

Thanks for letting me know you signed up for the call... I think it sounds SO good. I can't wait to glean some wisdom from those folks. Thanks for reading my blog too!

Sharon L. Holland said...

My girls got the Letter Factory for Christmas and they love it, too. sometimes my four-year-old asks, "Mommy, someday can you take me to the letter factory?"

Jodi said...

I loved looking through your world up there in Maple Valley! Your kids are stinkin' cute and I enjoy your sarcastic humor as you write about them :) Thanks for the comment...it's always nice to meet new people through this crazy blogging world!