Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sometimes...

You gotta laugh to keep from cryin'. The vomiting virus has come to town, attacking indescriminately. I was the lucky winner at our house. I was feeling a smidge better this morning and the weather is beautiful, so I thought perhaps a road trip to grandma and papa's would be just the thing. I haven't eaten much, so clearly my calorie deficit was effecting my ability to think clearly. The fact that I barely had the energy to load the car was my first warning sign. Luke's pasty white skin should have been the second sign, but I hastily ignored the warnings and off we went. Luke kept squirming and whining for quite awhile until finally he launched his breakfast all over the car. I wasn't really prepared for that. It's about 35 degrees this morning, but I pulled into the nearest parking lot (Target) and proceeded to undress the poor little guy. He was totally grossed out and very upset. Andy watched the whole thing in total silence...probably his first experience with projectile vomiting. It left me a little speechless, too. I can honestly say that this is one of those times when I had no idea what to do next. I changed Luke's clothes and then waffled between calling my sister to come and rescue me versus going in to Target to buy a new car seat. Those didn't seem like viable options, so I called my mom, instead. She gave me some much-needed sympathy and suggested we head back home.
We made it home safely but with much weeping. The events of the morning have carried over into the afternoon. Luke vomiting, Andy staring in disbelief, me cleaning up the mess. Rinse and repeat. Sigh.
If anyone has any good hints for removing vomit from car seat straps and buckles, I am all ears.

1 comment:

Cavanaugh Family said...

OMG! You poor soul. I am so sorry. I do not do well with the projectile stuff. Uck! Needless to say I have been in your shoes. Reilly projectiled all over our car on the way home from Yakima one day. Our car smelled like vomit so bad we could hardly sit in it. Oxy clean (stain remover)and hot water for the straps and air dry. Wash/soak the carseat cover. May God be with you today as you endure the worst part about motherhood...cleaning up someone elses vomit...ugh! double ugh!

Love,
Jess