Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Easter, Friends and Family!



We hosted a small brunch for our Mothers of Preschoolers group today. Yesterday we went to an Easter party with our pre-school class. I'm already pondering which local egg hunt eggstravaganza to hit on Saturday morning. On Easter Sunday, we'll attend church and then visit the fam in Eatonville for more eggs, more treats and more fun. Hopefully we'll find the energy to dye some eggs at some point. As I was helping Luke with play doh this afternoon and he was asking what we were going to do next, I found a cookie-cutter cross mixed in with the play doh tools. I asked Luke if he knew that Jesus died on the cross. I was so proud of myself because I thought I was taking advantage of a teachable moment. Yea, me. He looked at me with utter confusion. "Jesus died?" He asked incredulously.
"Yes, on a cross. For our sins. Isn't that wonderful? Then God did a trick and brought Jesus back to life."
"He died??"
Oh, boy. What have I done? Where did I think this was going to go? In the back of my mind, I heard his preschool teacher reminding us not to go overboard with the Easter story. A three year old mind cannot comprehend the cross, the empty tomb, etc., so just keep it simple. Advice I conveniently ignored today.
So, for now I guess he will go on thinking it really is all about the bunnies and the chocolate hidden inside the plastic eggs. I can't wait to see how Sunday school goes this week. I'm sure his teachers will appreciate my efforts in getting a head start.
Enough about me, I know you just want to see the pics. Happy Easter!


No comments: