Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Lukester

This little fella cracks me up. He started talking to me at about 6:45 this morning and I don't think he stopped until I dropped him off in his classroom for MOPS at 9:30. I had to go and turn on the hair dryer just to get a brief reprieve. I just don't have that many words available first thing in the morning. He looked up at me from his cheerios and said, "How come you don't live with your dad anymore?"
Huh? I told him grandma and papa were welcome to move in any time, but right now they like having their own space. Their nice, quiet, space.
He was quizzing me in the car about the names of all the people who drive emergency vehicles. He has an issue with the word, paramedic, I guess. This transitioned into a monologue regarding his future career plans. "Mom, I want to be a police officer when I grow up. I will have a police car. And a police dog. I also hope that I have a son. I should better ask my wife if we can have a son."
So funny! We went to kindergarten orientation tonight. It wasn't very exciting but we were still nervous. The world seems so much bigger and intimidating when you have to send your first born to "the big school", as we call it. Luke was a little disappointed that we have to wait until the end of summer to find out our teacher's name and assigned classroom. We did get to ride on the school bus. That seemed to be the highlight of the evening. It's a curious thing, the mind of a 5 year old boy.


No comments: