Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Ain't No Mack, I'm a Peterbilt, for dang sake!"

We went to Kidquest today, a fun little "museum" for the 4 and under crowd. I was feeling quite proud of myself, loading the boys and all our paraphenalia in the Silver Bullet and (almost) meeting my desired departure time. Two of our friends from play group were there with their little girls. But girls were the last thing on Luke's mind once he saw this beauty. The lovely people at Kidquest planted a Peterbilt truck right smack in the middle of the museum! Occasionally, I could pry him out of the driver's seat to go and examine the trains, but he always managed to race back to the truck as soon as there was a vacancy. If you haven't watched the Cars movie, then the novelty of all of this is lost on you, but for those who have seen it 312 times, you may recall that the Mack truck plays a key role. Hence, Luke's fascination with actually sitting behind the wheel and pressing all the buttons. Oh, my. It was almost more fun than one 3 year old could take.

No comments: