Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ugh...3 More Weeks

Luke and I deposited Andy with a friend and jaunted off to Redmond for another whirlwind appointment with Dr. Knows-All-About-Eyes. Luke was a superstar, jumped right up into The Chair like he owned the place. A lady we hadn't met before examined his eyes. She tested him very thoroughly and he showed tremendous improvement, identifying almost all of the pictures correctly. Just before she left the room, she turned on the movie "Monster Inc", right at the part where a monster jumps out of the bedroom closet and screams at a small child snuggled in his bed. Luke's expression was a mix of terror and disbelief. I scrambled quickly to explain that it was just a movie and it was really quite funny because the child was actually going to scare the monster, instead of the monster scaring the child, isn't that funny, hee, hee, hee...
Luke looked right at me and said, "This is a little bit scary to me."

Thankfully we were relocated to the next exam room for our 4 minute session with the good doctor. He was most impressed with my precious little patch-wearing boy. I was just thinking we were home free when he blasted me with, "I'd like to patch for 3 more weeks and then schedule surgery."

Did he say 3 more weeks? Twenty-one more fun-filled days of bribery and negotiation.

Oh, well. We'll just keep partying here in Patchville.

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I know how patching goes! We went through that and still have to from time to time with my oldest son Noah!

Steph

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, my daughter would have freaked out at Monster's Inc! My son would have hid behind the chair but insisted he watch it :)

Hope the next three weeks are easy on you!