Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eli's Baptism

Not long ago, Steve and I were struggling with the decision to have a third child. He met with Pastor Mark for breakfast at the local greasy spoon (Gloria's). We're sure glad they had that talk! We jokingly refer to Pastor Mark as being partly responsible for Eli.
Another family had their precious little boys baptized, as well. Sergei and Ivan were recently adopted from Russia. Very, very cute!

The big brothers behaved so well.


Eli was totally mellow, never made a peep. Right after lunch, I was changing his diaper and noticed a mysterious rash on his lower leg. I googled it and found it to be a rash worthy of a trip to urgent care. My parents stayed with the boys and Steve and I raced to the Pediatrician. I thought it looked like purpura, which is indicative of an infection. But his CBC was normal and he appears otherwise healthy. We were sent home. Whew! I was not looking forward to spending the night at Children's Hospital. Mr. Mellow ended up having a very memorable baptism.




No comments: