Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Out With Thomas

We took the boys to see Thomas the Train in Snoqualmie today. I thought it didn't quite live up to the hype, but they seemed to have a good time. I imagined a little more quality time with our favorite little blue train, but he was being a Very Useful Engine, hauling people back and forth all day. Which is why I didn't take his picture.
The boys thought the store packed full of train stuff was totally awesome. We managed to get out with only two small trains.

Eli was awesome once again! He naps wherever, whenever and never cried about being dragged all over creation. He fell asleep right after I took his picture and slept through the whole ride.
Our window was wide open and the boys enjoyed the view. The tracks aren't used much anymore so the blackberry bushes are sort of taking over. Andy wanted to ride with his head hanging out the window but the conductor told him he couldn't. Just when he pulled his head back inside, the bushes poked through the window.

This was the view from Steve and Eli's seat. I was glad I wasn't part of the crew that built the railroad tracks on the side of the mountain. Good grief. It went straight down. I noticed the moms and dads who weren't fond of heights scooted back from the windows. Yikes!
A local musician named Eric Ode was performing. He handed out "shakers" and the boys danced for a few minutes. I always wanted to hear him sing and today was my lucky day. He also sang the Itsy, Bitsy Spider, which is currently our family's favorite tune.



No comments: