Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Week Down...How Many Left?

We have successfully completed our first week of summer vacation. The rain finally stopped and we were able to get outside. We spent most of Friday morning at our favorite park.
I've often wondered if I should capitalize on Luke's love of learning by implementing some informal "lessons" this summer. Nothing fancy, nothing official, just the basics. Well, the boys took matters into their own hands at the park. They love taking their hot wheels cars to the top of the twisty slide. This often leads to a confrontation as one boy climbs up and one boy climbs down. I'm glad I was standing there because suddenly there was a gasp and Andy was falling off the top of the slide. Luke grabbed his foot and I caught the rest of him before he hit the ground. An excellent lesson in basic physics, I suppose.

Steve took the boys to our local fire station for an "open house" on Saturday. They loved it! Luke got to dress up and use the fire hose. They also learned how to safely exit a house when there is smoke in your room. I stayed home with Eli, but I hear the whole event was a big hit.
We went to Eatonville to visit Papa Dave and Grandma Nancy for Father's Day. I have taken a picture of Steve with the boys every Father's Day out on the deck. However, it was pouring buckets so we opted for the couch. Andy is proudly displaying his craft project from Sunday school. Eli is in the way, but Steve is wearing his paper tie that Luke made for him at school.

No comments: