Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Island Adventure

We decided to get out of town for the long weekend. I found a brand new, beautiful house overlooking the water that just happened to be available. Camano Island is an easy 2 hour drive, which is about all we can stand with 3 little boys in the car. This gigantic star fish is one of the many the boys discovered at the State Park.
Western Washington is having a miserably soggy May, but we would not be discouraged from getting out and about. The boys were good sports about putting on their rain gear and heading out for the afternoon with Steve. We just could not get over these amazing star fish!

Luke wanted to try a group photo. Andy is inside the house asleep. Honest.
My pictures are out of sequence and I'm too tired to fix it, but we stopped at the Children's museum on the way to the island. I usually take the boys here once a year. I wanted Steve to see it, too. We were able to connect with one of my college roommates who lives nearby. It wasn't quite as easy to visit as it used to be, with 3 adults chasing after 5 little kids, but still fun to see her and catch up a little bit.

Andy was in awe of the train exhibit. He spent almost his entire visit playing with the trains. I literally dragged him out, kicking and screaming, when it was time for lunch. They would've stayed all day, but Eli didn't have any place to nap and 3 hours without sleeping was about all he could take.
Although I wish the weather wasn't so nasty, I am glad we chose to go on our trip, anyway. We played lots of board games (hooray for Battleship!), read books and watched our favorite shows. The house was amazing and the scenery enjoyable. A great start to our summer.


No comments: