Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girl Time

Heather hosted a table at Graham Emmanuel Baptist's annual Friendship Tea. What a treat! Every year, the ladies outdo themselves. Just when I think it can't get any better, they step it up a notch. I sat with Heather, Mom and several other wonderful ladies. The food was fantastic, the conversation enjoyable and we were blessed to hear from a fabulous speaker. The theme was "Seasons of Life" and a lovely 87 year old woman told how her walk with the Lord was evident in every season of her life. I'm amazed the life experience a woman can share if we just give her a chance to talk. She lived through the Depression, sent her husband off to war, weathered the failure of her marriage, parented as a single mom, remarried and is now enjoying "the golden years" with her husband and extended family. I'm sure she felt like her story was quite ordinary, but I thought we were inspired and encouraged by her words. A delightful lady and a lovely afternoon with two of my favorite 'girls'.


No comments: