Friday, March 27, 2009

He's Up! He's Down! He's Making Me Crazy!

Andy continues to amaze us with the frequency of his mood swings. When he's up, he's really up and when he is down...take cover! He went for his 2 year check up this week (now that he's almost 2 and 1/2, I thought we should check that off the to-do list). He cried as soon as we drove in the parking lot because it wasn't Papa's house. He was convinced that was our destination. Now, he might have cried because his brother was taunting him with warnings about getting lots of shots. Leave it to the older sibling to scare the younger one to death, before we even get out of the car. Andy made a grand entrance in the totally packed waiting room, racing in circles and attempting to jump off the couch, insisting that he sit wherever his brother sat. Let's not forget, I have a mountain of paperwork to fill out, even though not one single detail of our contact info has changed. But I still I have to fill it out, just to appease the paperwork goddess behind the counter. I'm attempting to write while trying to sit on Andy and chastize Luke for yelling, "You are a very bad brother! I don't love you anymore!"
Splendid. This is going so well.
I had to drag Andy back to the exam room, praying the whole time I wasn't leaving fingerprints on his little arm. He didn't want to be weighed, he resisted being measured, he refused to take his clothes off. Ugh. Thankfully, the nurse didn't bat an eye. Our pediatrician is a wonderful man with about 6 kids of his own. He let me hold Andy the entire time. Despite his diet of oatmeal, yogurt, milk and applesauce, he appears to be growing and thriving. The best news of all, no shots were needed. Hurrah!
I don't believe in karma, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is payback for my own misbehavior as a toddler. Couldn't be. Could it?


No comments: