Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Great Escape

Steve and I enjoyed a weekend away from the little cherubs. My parents were kind enough to take care of them for 48 fantastic hour of freedom. We flew KID-FREE to Spokane, stayed in a cozy little hotel and did whatever we wanted. It was glorious. We actually attended my college reunion. It's been 10 whole years already. Wow! We caught up with my roommates and their spouses, watched a football game (Steve watched, I chatted with people I hadn't seen for a decade). The president gave us an update on all the achievements/improvements the campus has experienced. For a few minutes, I longed for that sense of community I so enjoyed for 4 years. I am grateful for my life experiences, my family, the places I've traveled...but just for a minute, I wanted to go back and tell me not to worry so much about tests, papers, future career plans. It was all over so quickly. I did have fun seeing familiar faces, meeting their spouses and admiring their children. Good times.

1 comment:

Jen Anne said...

Do you have any pics to share? I was not able to make it. :(