Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Day On the Farm





We enjoyed a wonderful preschool field trip to a small farm in Enumclaw today. I packed our winter coats and hats, but it was surprisingly warm when we got to the farm. I was so grateful for the sunshine. A rainy day on a farm just sounds a bit...well, muddy. The first stop was a huge pit of corn, complete with a slide. Preschoolers of all shapes and sizes were wading, jumping, sliding, giggling their way through the kernels. I have invested in cars, trains, more cars, costumes, DVD's...I've had it all wrong. A vat of corn kernels is what I need for hours of endless entertainment. Who knew? They explored a hay maze, which Luke says was his favorite part. We also took a short hay ride, which Andy screamed bloody murder about. He must have been scared, because he couldn't wait to get off that thing. He was quite pleased to see the sand box full of dump trucks and diggers, though. I want to take them back again, just to play in that sand box. We wrapped up our adventure with the much-loved selection of the pumpkin.

No comments: