Friday, July 27, 2007

Meanwhile, Down on the Farm



We had to be away from the house during Operation Pergo, so my parents are kind enough to have us over. My mother flew back from Pennsylvania on Tuesday and brought my grandmother with her. I hadn't seen her in 5 years and she hadn't met the boys, so we especially needed to visit with her. Luke got a little restless, so Papa Dave offered to take him for a ride on the tractor. Luke was thrilled. After the tractor ride, they squeezed in a little baseball. Luke has a very exaggerated stance when he throws the ball, but he can throw pretty well for a little guy. He gives us a good laugh, too.
He even posed in mid-throw and said, "cheese!" I'm not sure where all of this drama comes from, but it certainly is entertaining. He has really been a good sport about being out of the house all week. I feel bad dragging him all around, but he seems pretty okay with it. What 3 year old boy wouldn't love a tractor ride with their Papa?


When we got home on Wednesday night, this is what we found. It looks great, even in it's half-finished state. We weren't quite sure what we were getting into, but I think we'll be pleased with the end result. It certainly is a messy little project...sawdust on EVERYTHING.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, sawdust on everything? Ugh!
Good luck with cleaning it all.