Thursday, July 19, 2007

First Haircut




Poor Andrew. He was completely terrified from the minute we started this little adventure. He screamed so loud the other customers left. Oops. We tried the binky, but he kept spitting it out and it kept landing in the piles of hair falling from his giant noggin. I don't mind a little bacteria on the binky, but a binky coated in hair (even sweet little Andrew hair) is just a bit much. Kudos for the stylist, he was a champ...although the end result was just a smidge trendier than I normally go for...



Spiky isn't the best look for Andrew, but at least he still looks like a baby to me, for which I am grateful. I wasn't quite prepared for him to vault right into toddler-ness. He stopped crying as soon as I rescued him from the man with the buzzing clippers. As soon as I offered him a bottle, he was all smiles once again. Luke was very brave, sat in the chair and never made a peep. He is quite proud of his spiky orange hair and requested several photos. Thankfully I was able to move bath time to pre-nap instead of pre-bed, and the orange goo made a quick exit into the bath water. That is some nasty stuff and I just envisioned it smeared all over Luke's room, if left to his own devices. I don't think the creator of that stuff ever lived with small children.







Steve left for a guys' weekend in St. Louis this morning, just prior to the haircuts, so he missed the "spiky look". I thought he would get a kick out of this picture, especially since they look just like him!

4 comments:

shoeaddict said...

It always amazes me how totally different kids are when it comes to things like this.
My bf Lindsey's little boy, Cooper, loves getting his hair cut and always has.

BTW, they are adorable! My husband's name is Luke

Kerry said...

Hi, am visitingn from the big giveaway at Rocks in My Dryer. I saw you have two little boys, I do too, 2 yrs & 7 months. They are so precious!

Nikki said...

I too am visiting because of the Rocks in my dryer contest but had to comment since I think my two boys are about the same age difference as yours - Connor is 3 1/2 (12/9/03) and Logan just turned 1 yesterday! I love to read other blogs of moms in the two boy club! :)

Anonymous said...

You visited my blog through your Doggy Days giveaway. Thanks for the prayer! I appreciate that.

you too have a beautiful family, your boys look so much alike!