Saturday, December 5, 2009

REI sells what?

Steve and the boys went to REI today. Steve had a gift card that was burning a hole in his pocket and I wanted them out of the house so I could eradicate all manner of dirt from the premises. Steve wasn't in the store 2 minutes and Luke spotted a Lego head lamp. The last place on earth you would expect to find a Lego and the salesperson steps up with a Lego head lamp.
And she only had one. Steve almost had Luke talked out of getting it since there weren't two available when Andy decided he would prefer an airplane, anyway. Whew! Crisis averted.
Luke had the best time "hiking through the forest" with his head lamp. This mostly involved strolling through the house and looking under the couch or the stove while wearing his head lamp. He turned to me in all seriousness and said, "Mom, when Andy wakes up from his nap can me, Dad and Andy go and find a forest?" Although I admired his desire to go outdoors and explore, I had to remind him that it was about 38 degrees outside and they probably should wait for another day to visit the forest. Sometimes, he just cracks me up. I bet this photo will come in handy for all manner of blackmail one day...not that I would do that, of course.

No comments: