Sunday, December 13, 2009

J is for Jaundice

Mom helped me take Little Mister to his first pediatric appointment. He was 3 days old. I started undressing him for his weight check and realized he was quite yellow. I was so bummed. We have visited this pediatrician for almost 6 years and I am finally starting to appreciate him. He was very calm and did not freak out at all. He sent us home with instructions to feed him every two hours and offer a supplement, as well. We had to go and have his blood drawn, though, which was tough to watch. Grandma held him so I didn't have to. His numbers weren't too bad, so we probably aren't going to do any of the lights or blankets that sometimes goes with jaundice. With a lot of hard work and very little sleep, he gained an ounce in 24 hours. That seems like nothing, but as long as he gained, I guess we are in good shape. We don't have to go back until he is 10 days old.

No comments: