Sunday, October 18, 2009

Movin' On Up

Andy has migrated down the hall to his very own ''big boy" room. He is so very excited! I found the whole process to be totally overwhelming to even think about, so I was hesitant to even start. But, I hit the 32nd week of pregnancy yesterday and thought we should probably start making some progress. Steve was a huge help, doing a majority of the moving and lifting, since I'm not supposed to be doing any of that. I can't get over how much stuff we have. Is it all really necessary? We spend so much time managing our stuff, too. How silly.
Andy's toddler bed, dresser and shelf have been sitting in the garage and riding around in the back of the van for a couple of weeks. We decided to put it all together and just "see" what his response might be. This is not a kid you can force into a big move. It definitely has to be his idea. Once he saw the Lightning McQueen blanket and pillowcase, he was totally sold on the whole deal. In fact, we were too tired to finish the project last night and insisted that he wait until today to start sleeping there. He was so stinkin' excited that he just could not take a nap. Tonight took a little longer to fall asleep, but he stays in bed and doesn't mind the dark or having his door closed. I can't expect it to be this simple every night, but I feel so much better having this hurdle behind us. Now I just want to sit down and have a good cry because my "baby" is getting to be such a big boy...and he's about to become a middle child!

No comments: