Saturday, July 26, 2008

More Zoo Fun

The new kids zone, complete with spider web for jumping and hanging around
More exciting things to climb through and pose inside of...who needs animals??
We survived a week of total upheaval as new carpet was installed in more than half the house. I was feeling a bit guilty for dragging the boys through all of that mess. We decided to postpone our "to do" list for the day and take them to the zoo. I didn't know that Steve had never been to the Point Defiance Zoo. He was impressed. Luke, on the other hand, was very concerned about the pea-cots (peacocks), which roam around the zoo. They aren't the least bit shy, either. He was terrified. He ran and jumped on me when he saw one coming. Once we convinced him that we would protect him, he calmed down. Andy's favorite part was the aquarium. He went up to every tank and squealed "FISH! FISH!" The fish are probably glad he's gone, poor things. Steve and Luke enjoyed the outdoor theatre presentation, which was kind of like a skit complete with animals and birds. I think the bald eagle was the star of the show. Andy and I watched from a far because he refused to sit still and watch quietly. He is very good at being almost two.

2 comments:

Cavanaugh Family said...

I love the new design. What a crazy time for new carpet & kids. I hope you are doing good. See you next week? Hey I am no longer babysitting - yahoo!

Cavanaugh Family said...

I love the new design. What a crazy time for new carpet & kids. I hope you are doing good. See you next week? Hey I am no longer babysitting - yahoo!