Wednesday, February 27, 2008

High Fives for the Little Man

Two, count 'em, TWO days of preschool with good behavior. Monday was our first day back to preschool after the mid-winter break (whatever the heck that is...don't get me started) and Luke had a substitute teacher. I was a bit stressed because he typically does not embrace change very well. Anyway, I prepped him and he seemed fine with the idea. She was clearly forewarned about Luke because she made a point to tell me at the end what an awesome day he had. She also mentioned reporting back to Mrs. Sue that things went well. This morning he was almost asleep in his car seat on the way to school, so I prayed all the way there that he would have a good day. When he gets tired, things seem to go downhill. But he surprised me and Mrs. Sue handed him off with a big smile. We went to french fry's house (home of the happy meal) to celebrate, along with another preschool friend who was also celebrating some outstanding preschool behavior. I used to mock mothers who embraced bribery. My, how my perspective has changed.

1 comment:

stinsons said...

Whoo-hoo! I'm glad to hear that! Now that I checked Adrienne's blog, I had to check yours too! It's been so long! But when you have dial up (snore) at your house and a class full of 8 year olds (anti-snore) at work, getting to the computer is sometimes a crap shoot! :) I'm so, so happy to hear about the good day. And, yes, bribery is highly under-rated. Just ask Rett what happens when he is a good eater during dinner...hint: FOOT NACKS???? (Rett-speak for "Fruit Snacks, anyone? Did you see what an exceptional boy I am? I'll take the Lightning McQueen ones if you please.") Keep up the good work!
Kristen