Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of Pre-school



Phew! I'm sure glad this day is done. I was so anxious for Luke to start pre-school today. I was worried about dropping Andy off with a friend, stressed about traffic, concerned Luke wouldn't use the potty...I can't really think of anything I wasn't worried about. I suppose this was a good reminder that God hears all of my cares, because things went very smoothly. Andy was perfectly content with his surroundings, Luke went right into the church and used the bathroom, then, in typical Luke fashion, went straight to the toys. We listened to a sweet little story about saying goodbye to our moms, which included our first craft. We put my handprint next to Luke's on a piece of paper, then kissed 2 hearts and placed them on the handprints. If he ever gets anxious about being away from me, he has "the kisses" on our handprints hanging in his classroom. It was very fun. I don't think he was impressed, but a craft is always a bright spot in my day. He has 3 boy classmates and 8 girls. Wow! My objective in enrolling him is social development. It looks like there will be lots of opportunities to learn to get along with others, because every child is unique. I was determined to have him fully potty trained by today, but it didn't happen. I'm quite thankful that pull-ups are acceptable, because he sure did wear one today.
This was the most popular toy: the rice table. Luke is trying to pretend Sophie isn't telling him what to do. She did not want anyone to manage her project...welcome to the first day of the rest of your life, kiddos.
This is a modified co-op, which translates to parents doing a portion of the work to keep tuition costs reasonable. I signed up to be the class photographer/scrapbooker. I'm really thankful this is a 2 person job, because it is difficult to take good pictures of small people who don't sit still. Luke said he had a good time. I hope he still feels that way on Wednesday. I was quite proud of him, he told me about 45 minutes into the morning that I needed to go. So, I went. I think Andy and I will enjoy some one-on-one time.

No comments: