Sunday, August 16, 2009

First Mariners Game

It looks like Steve was having a good time.
Highly resistant to having his picture taken. Perhaps he was hoping to block out the whole experience, I'm not quite sure.

A little pre-game snooze

We had two tickets to Saturday night's game between the Mariners and the Yankees. I suggested Luke and Steve go together. I was so excited for Luke to experience his first trip to Safeco field. It's such an awesome stadium. He fell asleep in the car on the way there, which is good, because it probably helped him stay awake to enjoy a few innings of the game. Steve says he was totally overwhelmed by the crowd, the noise, all of it. Poor kid. He wanted Steve to hold him the whole time, but Steve was able to convince him to sit in his seat and try and enjoy the game. When he got home, I was still watching the game on TV. He said he had a great time and started rattling off fun baseball factoids at me. I suppose it was mostly a successful adventure.

No comments: