Sunday, November 23, 2008

An Early Feast

We went to visit Grammie at her new assisted living place today. They were having a Thanksgiving feast for friends and family. The food was delicious, although I don't think they were prepared for such a large crowd. It was my first time to visit her since she moved in. My parents have been several times. I think it's nice and the staff seems very helpful and attentive to her needs. Our boys were total squirrells, so I didn't have a chance to take any pictures. I didn't feel sad until we went upstairs to see her room. I heard her say, "this is where I have to live now, Luke" and I nearly lost it. It seems to be the best option for everybody and she is in good spirits, but it is still really difficult to wrap my mind around. Is this really what getting old is all about? I will be going back more frequently as there are many more events to attend between now and Christmas, as well as some birthdays to celebrate. I hope it gets easier each time.

No comments: