Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Will They Think of Next?

Peer pressure and curiosity propelled me to Game Stop last Wednesday. I came out with a brand new gaming system (hint: 3 letters, starts with W). I was instantly hooked. It's amazing! Luke is having a great time, too. We play bowling and tennis every afternoon while Andy is taking a nap. Last night, we had the moms and dads from our Friday playgroup over for dinner. We eat together about six or eight times a year. I asked some of them to bring along their games and remotes so we could have a little tournament. The conversation was flowing as we discussed the highs and lows of the Bachelor, but we finally got around to turning on the games. What a hoot! I can't believe how much one piece of technology can change the way people interact. I don't know whether to cheer because we are all having so much fun together or run screaming for the hills that we are all addicted to our video games.

3 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

That's awesome! I think that the Wii has revolutionized video games. Cambria and I had a blast playing bowling and tennis at the Hulls the other day.

Qtpies7 said...

The Wii is amazing! I'm working out on the Wii Fit, and that would NOT happen without it. And it is getting my kids active, too. We are all competing for the high scores!

heidi @ ggip said...

I really want a Wii. One day maybe.

BTW, I've added you to my "Bloggers named Heidi" Blogroll. It's a fun group!